Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace was released on DVD in 1999.
Disc one has a close-up image Darth Maul on it and disc two has an image of Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan duelling with Darth Maul on it. There are three interactive schemes for the DVD, one features scenes on Coruscant, the second features scenes on Tatooine and the third features scenes on Naboo.
Back cover summary
Begin your Star Wars DVD Collection with Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace. Packed with over six hours of additional material, including exclusive documentaries and never-before-deleted scenes, this 2-disc set provides the provides the perfect showcase for the incredible detail and breathtaking scope of George Lucas's first episode in the mythic Star Wars.
- Commentary by George Lucas, Rick McCollum, Ben Burtt, Rob Coleman, John Knoll, Dennis Muren and Scott Squires.
- Deleted scenes Documentary.
- "The Beginning" - Hour-long documentary.
- Multi-angle storyboard-to-animatic-to-film segment.
- Featurettes featuring the movies' storyline, design, costumes, visual effects and fight scenes.
- 12-part web documentary that documents the production of the movie.
- "Duel of the Fates" music video.
- Production photo gallery
- Theatrical posters and print campaign
- Theatrical teasers, launch trailers and tv spots
- "Star Wars: Starfighter - The Making of a Game" featurette
- DVD-ROM web link